Ways to make your salads look delectable.
- Creating different textures with your vegetables. Use a spiralizer create vegetable noodles.
- Eat a rainbow. Colours make me happy so I use 3 to 4 (or more) different coloured vegetables.
- Put a spin on a traditional dish — tomato pesto on vegetable noodles!!!
4 heirloom carrots — have at least two colours.
1 bag of kelp noodles ( see below for image) available at health food store
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup raw hazelnuts
1/2 cup of sprouts — any kind, optional
3/4 cup olive oil
1 cup fresh basil
1/4 – 1/3 cup of sundried tomato in oil
1/3 cup of pine nuts or sunflower seeds
2 cloves of garlic
- Preheat oven or toaster oven at 350F.
- Spiralize your zucchini and carrots and place at the bottom of a platter or a lasagne pan.
- Rinse bag of kelp and chop up into smaller bits but not too small and layer onto the carrots/zucchini.
- Chop radicchio lengthwise so they look like noodles and layer it on.
- Add a layer of sprouts if you are using.
- Put the raw almonds on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for about 12 minutes on medium rack. Do the same for the cashews and cook for about 8-9 minutes at the same temperature. Same for the hazelnuts for 8 minutes. Once the hazelnuts are toasted, let it cool enough so you can handle them in your hands. Rub your hands together to get the skin off. Take all your nuts and chop crossly and add it to the salad.
- Put all your dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Check the consistency of the dressing to make sure its liquid enough for a salad.